Status
Not open for further replies.

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Just curious.Saw a store owner coming in to buy frags I mean tons of frags and most likely end up in his store for mark up.Do you think it's fair?Not going to name names here.He's not even a vendor here I believe.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
if thats not ok is it ok for another vendor to buy from another vendor?

The answer is sure why not?

The owner of that store is only supporting our vendors by buying from them and only making their prices look better when they try and sell them for even more!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Nelson, if you saw it happen, and you know he/she paid $10 and now he/she wants to sell it to you at $50. I'd say walk away.hehehe
I don't feel that it is right, but guess what - That is business!! Vendors/Stores are in it to make money, not loose it. Therefor there will always be mark ups..............;)
What really ticks me off is when reefers buy from one person only to turn around and sell to another reefer for more money.

SWITCH420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i seen someone buy a frag of zoas with 10 heads and he paid 10 bucks.then he fraged in in half an sold 5 heads for 25 bucks like a hour after he bought it

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
IMO if someone pays the sellers asking price they are free to do as they wish with the item.

I have more of a problem with "high end" chalice group buys in the GD forum.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Well business is business. Buy low - sell high that's the american way. I don't get what you're crying about..you buy a fish tank at a LFS and it's hundreds of dollars..guess what..GLASSSS IS NOT THAT EXPENSIVE but that's what it is. An acrylic sump costs like 10 bucks to make probably less when it's through a company and they buy the acrylic wholesale but they charge 300 in a store. Same thing with fish..they pay a couple bucks and charge 40. You buy a Mercedes for 60 grand the parts probably cost 5 grand or less. You buy a 20 oz soda for $1.50 or more..How much do you think soda costs to make? It's fkin sugar and water LOL. I don't see people boycotting LFS, DEalerships, grovery/convenient stores, gas stations ETC.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
personally i have no problem with a vendor buying stuff, unless they are buying just to flip it and not grow it out then flip it. not like other vendors here havent bought stuff from members or traded stuff, now if i sold a vendor 10 polyps, not traded but sold them a item for $10 and i went to their store next day and that piece was f\s for more id be pissed, but then again they would never get chit from me again.

trigger do you have an idea of what it cost to run a business ? yes it may only cost .10 to make a soda, now you have to pay a employee, pay you bills, medical ect, pay a driver to deliver it, pay for the gas, pay for the insurance on a vehicle ect, and it cost more to buy all the parts to build a car then they sell a car for, example, it cost our bodyshop 22k the first of the month, thats just rent, not including all our employee's, insurance, up keep of equiptment ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: