eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Hi my name is al and I'm addicted to clownfish ever since my ocullaris pair started laying back in late 09 I've been reading research like crazy on that summer ever since I was hooked
I said good bye to my corals "softies"& a few cheap lps. Anyways that's when I started collecting as time went by and doing research and looking at other that breed or try to breed like me is to pick the perfect pair .you need good lineage and understand were these guy "your clownfish"came from i track down lineage back as much as possible. It's you clownfish you are breeding and you want the best or try that's if you hobby is to collect & trying to breed like myself.but if you have a nice pair of clownfish and they lay and you are trying to raise them just for the heck of it.its ok no need to go crazy on the lineage :D .my favorite clownfish in the hobby would be bill Addison c- quest lineage .This man coin the word "onyx" on the black percula he bred .well I have a few offsprings from a breeder pair that was use on the facility from breeding "production "this pair are regular onyx that the offsprings a low % came out with extra white paterns pretty rare on a onyx .semi Picasso like.but with no picasso mix in them. Pretty sweet huh! That's my male....

now the female second I love picasso what I love about picassos is that they all have uunique paterns. and who doesn't like their picasso with out a spartan helmet? So I chose the perfect domestic picasso/snowcasso from donis reef .I purchased her from a Mrmmember zookeeper very nice guy.he got her I believe in 09.reason I picked that one 2.5 years ago was because when doni was first starting she was having problems with her pair I believe she was getting a lot defects .bUT she never release any deformed clownfish she is a hight believer of "culling "putting them down :( but this practice is needed that's why her clowns are always good quality and they cost much because you get what you pay for. So she decide to fix her lineage because her first pair was ora so there was to much inbred who knows how many generation back .so she took "wild cought" true percula with one of her breeding picasso had offsprings and those offsprings were bred back to the first pair because those offsprings were generation F1 fresh star for that lineage .When you get a clownfish from these big companies you are getting like F6 - F7 generation .so this is why I picked donisreef as a specimens and by me adding both of my favorite clownfish specific features and a big + not related as in brother sister by blood at all = less defamation , I'm hoping .it took me 18 month to find her the perfect mate she killed 2 off my onyx male and beat the crap out of 4 almost dead I was determined to pair her up .I got a few tips from a breeder friend of mines in Florida richie aka rrcg50 helped me with the pairing and Christosclowns aka erik gave me a pointner that I had forgotten to stimulate them to lay eggs. 18 month later and we have eggs from this pair .they started laying 1.5 month ago I'm a bit rusty i collected maybe 40 larvae from this hatch on January 24, 2014 .I'll keep you guys posted .and here are a few pictures and videos .If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• 20140116_190107.jpg
    20140116_190107.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 926
  • 20131224_215130.jpg
    20131224_215130.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 895
C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I am rarely on facebook. I just signed in and got this message. The first message is mine. Thought you might enjoy it.

July 7th, 11:16pm

Why do you find the need to bully indivduals in the fish hobby? Hopefully people will follow my lead and boycott your company.

July 8th, 11:30am

I assure you we have not "bullied" anyone. I wish there was a forum where we could tell our side of the story where we did not have to be sponsors in order to do so. We have simply asked for individuals not to use our name to sell their fish, and in return we have had the same group of individuals take to different reef forums and try to slander our name unjustly, because it has affected their sales.

Chat Conversation End

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
He has 1 guy from mr watching my post .in return "cherry picking "from his "dotted" hybrids he was trying to sell as snowcasso. This thread might get close.this guy don't want me to call or give lineage of my female because she is a donisreef snowcasso a real one.using the name in a video or picture showing my offsprings mind you at no time have i call my offsprings "snowcasso " and I don't because I understand it's a violation. But come on telling me to call my female something else?? And if I don't I'll let my lawyer handle it.mmm sounds like bully to me .if someone tries to sell you something fake would you trust that person and buy again? ? Hell no!! I hate dis honest people.

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
You should take a lesson from the artist formally known as prince. Call you clownfish the clown formally known as snocasso. Similar crap is happening with monster fish keepers and monster energy drink.

You have cool fish no matter what. I will just give them a new name and sell them. Name yen after your favorite form of perception and your favorite snack the Snowcashew.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Not only that but they wouldn't be snowcasso to begin with. I don't see how you are violating the trademark. That would be like buying a Jaguar and having to call it a Ford and then a Tata.

kmaintl

Still Learning
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Al, those babies look great for being what looks like 1/4". Hurry up man, put them back into the tank.

BTW, I have been preaching forever how overly inbred the US breeders have gotten with all their clownfishes. It's great to see refreshed genetics when someone takes 2 different lineages. Doni's and C-Quest are a great combo.

kmaintl

Still Learning
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick response to the Snowcasso trademark. You can use the name as long as you're not benefiting financially. If you mentioned your snowcasso, that leads people back to website. But if using name to sell babies or resell fishes... you may get a warning.

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Thanks kmaintl. Updates 2 more weeks and they re going to be 2 month old they are showing shadow like skin very light dark coming in in my batch I had last year at 2 1/2 moths their black was starting to show.alot of markings are forming.

kmaintl

Still Learning
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad we got together when I pass through New York. You got some crazy fishes there. I can definitely tell you have a passion for Onyx clownfish. LoL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: