desheriff

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I would like to get persons input into the breeding set up I have currently I have 15 tanks in a bank with each tank being 2ftL by 18x18 high and wide the tanks are fed of a central fither with bio tower and skimmer currently connected into this at the moment is also a 6ft reef tank.
I have at the moment 7 prs of various clowns with 3 spwaning Percs and Maroons of both varieties.
For grow out I have set nine 15/20 gallon tanks that only contain heaters and are aerated lightly and supplied with daily water changes.
Then there is two 1000litre tubs for post larval growout that at the moment are not connected but what I was thinking of doing was leaving the 6 ft reef tank in situ and plumbing the two tubs in to it as a filter and removeing the coral and live stock and replacing it with a lot more live rock it also has a DSB which is 4 years old and really teming with life now as this is plumbed in to the brood stock system is that asking for trouble I would be also upgrading the skimmer to one thats a lot more powerful.
Space is a big issue this is in a 5.5 x3 metre shed and I really dont have room to put in a seperate filter .
Any thoughts recommendations appreciated
Regards Steve 8) 8)

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only thought is to be very careful where larval growout is concerned (especially juvenile growout). They are very messy and generate a huge amount of nitrogen waste. A large amount of live rock and sand will help alot, but if it becomes overloaded you will have an algae pit.... but I bet you could get some awesome cryptic filtering organisms growing in there (sponges, dusters, etc).

Sounds like a good plan to me so long as you don't overrun the systems capacity.

I have a rack system with bio filter in it that has 5x10g, 3x20g, 3x2.5g tanks on it... no other filtration, just water changes, but works well. Especially since it makes me do changes on my main reef regularly!

Wade

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: