Wrasses

TUSI

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That's a good sign your tsnk is an established tank he will find live food to eat. They like to nip on the rocks looking for food he will be fine

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
203   0   0
I placed it in an acclimation tank with plenty of live rock sand etc...to pick at offering different foods a few times ,every day..the six day it took mysis and now is eating Larry's Reef Frenzy and Rods as well...In a couple of weeks it should be nice and strong enough to compete in the DT...

Mattl22

Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I gotta get my other tanks plumbed in I Havnt seen my yellow tail tamrin since day I put him in : (
This past Sunday
I think with the more delicate sm wrasses its important too get them eating b4 going into display

TUSI

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
It depends when you put him in the tank he might be coming out when you are not home. A lot of times if you put him in the later part of the day and go straight into the sand they will come out about the same time the next day till they get used to the light schedule. They are also very delicate I've tried them once and same thing happened to me

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
203   0   0
beautiful wrasse!..GL with it.....with all sand dwelling wrasses they have their own internal clock and it may take a few days or longer for them to get acclimated to your lighting schedule....

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
203   0   0
finally got a decent pic of this guy..very quick and elusive to the camara..(battling alittle cyno now..always something).it wasn't eating when I got it and very thin...in it's accliamtion tank it starting picking at LR and took a few days for it to accept live Tiger pods, then NutraMar, brine and finally chopped Mysis...a few months have gone by and it really has grown fast almost 5" now eating all types of frozen foods and some pellets too...

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
203   0   0
thanks guys ..it really grew into a beauty. I also placed the blue dot in the DT the other night right before lights out and it was eating right away...it got chased by the much larger yellow tail alittle bit, but no nipping...the next day it came out at first light cruising the rockwork and eating normally with no chasing..an acclimation tank is a must for all these delicate wrasses to get them eating and healthy before plaicng them in the DT.

Featured Sponsors