Wrasses

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Yes i do, here he is, mister wrasse killer. Too bad i had to get rid of him, he was an amazing fish. He actually went to Randy (PrattReef), but unfortunately jumped out :(

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Here's two terrible pix of mine. The camera sucks and so does the fish for not staying still! Anyway, I got it as a Christmas/Ornate Wrasse...but am not entirely convinced. The markings don't don't seem to match the description of Christmas/Ornates, including no marks on each scale. He just seems pretty solid green tome.

Attachments

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Dmitry said:
Here's two terrible pix of mine. The camera sucks and so does the fish for not staying still! Anyway, I got it as a Christmas/Ornate Wrasse...but am not entirely convinced. The markings don't don't seem to match the description of Christmas/Ornates, including no marks on each scale. He just seems pretty solid green tome.
Nice fish, it is an Exquisite wrasse. Here's some info:
http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/wrassereefsafe/exquisitefairywrasse/

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I had a lunar/ lyretail wrasse for many years, and he was the best and hardiest fish i have ever had. He was so tough, he jumped out of the tank and i found him dry and covered with fluff on the floor, I put him back in the tank and he came to after about 5 minutes, and had fully recovered after about three weeks. The only downside was that he was a very boisterous fish, not exactly aggressive but he would just swim around the tank and kind of intimidate everyone else, though i never saw him actually chase or attack any of my other fish. Ornamental shrip were another thing all together, though. All in all, they are a great fish with a real personality, especially if you have a larger tank.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr.Blik

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wr@$$e Watchin' ;)

Wanted to strat a thread about wrasses
and the people who love them...so here is my new addition. enjoy this short video. (WARNING: may take a bit of time to load, dial up beware!)

http://media.putfile.com/Checkered-Wrasse

BTW, I think that puff of whater in the clip is him either taking a leak or sneezing (if they do that)....any thoughts?

Blik

Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 96.3%
79   3   0
I hope that you're aware the Checkerboard/Marble wrasse aren't that hardy and most don't make it. They're also big time sand driver, who usually disappear for days at a time.

Mr.Blik

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marrone,

I have already experience the sand diving, cool sh!t to see them go down like that. He also disappeared for like a day and a half.

As far as hardy, this guy was in House's system for some time. He is eating and swimming around fine. So I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsors