Wrasses

Deanos

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Awibrandy: Does that wrasse have a lunate (forked) tail? If so, I'd say it's P. cyaneus. P. filamentosus general have a greenish tinge below their dorsal fin.

Flasher Wrasses

One problem with Drs Fosters & Smith's description is the use of Flasher & Fairy to describe the same fish. Wrasse taxonomy classifies the two species as related, BUT distinct.

Awibrandy

Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awibrandy: Does that wrasse have a lunate (forked) tail? If so, I'd say it's P. cyaneus. P. filamentosus general have a greenish tinge below their dorsal fin.

Flasher Wrasses

One problem with Drs Fosters & Smith's description is the use of Flasher & Fairy to describe the same fish. Wrasse taxonomy classifies the two species as related, BUT distinct.
Nope, he does not. Kathy brought over her book, the fish wouldn't come out for her.lol But he does look alot like the pink flasher in her book. Except that mine is a dark orange with blue/purple lines.

Maroon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lunar wrasse till sometime back. it was a 6" Australian Lunar wrasse. VERY VERY VERY territorial. I added a picasso trigger into the tank after the lunare and the lunare wrasse killed the trigger. The trigger was a good 5". Make sure its the last thing you add if its one of the aggressive wrasses.

Wes

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Flame Wrasse...THXS K!
very nice slama....my male flame died for unkown reasons...He never settled in like the female. He would only come out of hiding for feeding. Eventually he stopped coming out until it was time to die.

I like to think i did everything i could for him. He never really looked sick, i removed an aggressive fish, everything was peaceful but he never could get comfortable for some reason. Very skiddish fish. A complete opposite from his female counterpart who was out and about from day one.

Awibrandy

Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Ok guys, I had this hood built so I could have wrasse without worrying about them jumping. But apparently I have another issue in keeping these gorgeous fish.
The problem is that I have this one wrasse (blue side wrasse) that has become extremely anti-social towards all the other wrasse I have tried to introduce. The only other wrasse that has managed to survive it's attack is another blue sided wrasse.
My question to you experts is this. What other wrasse can I put in my mini reef that can stand it's ground? Please. I don't believe I can catch him.:irked:

Deanos

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I'm not sure :confused: JasonE and I couldnt positively identify him at the store. Hopefully, I'll be able to narrow it down when he emerges from his hidey hole and starts flashing. :fish:

Deanos

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
It's hard to tell from my picture, but it has the beginnings of a lyretail which Carpenter's don't have; theirs are rounded. JasonE is beginning to think it's a hybrid of P. filamentosus & P. flavianalis.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsors