marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I always wanted to add a Moorish Idol to my tank but I was always afraid that my other fish would attack and kill it, but after about 4 days in the tank there doesn't seem to be any issues. I've had the Moorish Idol for almost 2 weeks now and the fish eats everything under the sun and is always looking for food. The streamer on the top has grew from about 1/2" to about 3" and the fish is starting to get a nice fat belly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b7Q8I8P-gE

Last edited:

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Only been a month but eating well! He is no longer alone, with a powder blue now. He is actually very small about 4" mouth to tail.

29819207376_dba984ea8f_o.jpg

Last edited:

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Mine I had a pair for 2 years then they got an appetite for corals so if you see your corals receding or dying look first to the idol.
I went through 3 pairs all ate corals in the end.
Maybe you'll have better luck.
My favorite fish

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Beautiful idol MIKE! My signature fish! I had one for more than a year no problem with other tangs. I gave it away Coz it was eating all my acan, fav and blastos.

Steve....I was always concerned about my other Tangs, as they're very large and there are a lot of them in the tank. There is a pecking order among all the fish, especially when food is thrown into the tank, and I was worried that they would beat him into a corner or stop him from feeding but that doesn't seem to be the case.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
The other fish normally bite off the streamer but it grows back very fast.

Haven't seen any nipping of fins on any of my other fish, doesn't seem to be a problem with any of my large Angels in the tank, but in my other tank it's a big problem, as my Triggers do a lot of biting of fins. The top streamer actually seems to grow very fast, as within a week it more than tripled in size.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: