Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2017, 10:10 AM
Professional Commuter
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (32)
Send a Private Message
Queen angels are a bad idea for a reef tank IMO.

https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...ured-tank.html
Old 06-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Two Decade Club
Reefer Ratings: (56 (100%)
Friends: (66)
Send a Private Message
I was always believed that an Angel(except for Genicanthus species) in a reef would be a bad idea, but after meeting and talking to John Coppolino a few years ago convinced me to try other species of Angels. Most have been hit or miss with corals, but in a large tank damage is minimal and not noticed in my tank except for the lack of PE on my SPS.

170 gal reef, 90 gal fuge, 65 gal sump,20 gal frag/nano, 250 Radiums on Hamilton M80 HQIs, T5 actinics, MRC-2 Cal reactor, Vertex in280 skimmer, Reeflo return pump
Old 06-29-2017, 09:43 AM
Reefer Ratings: (14 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
I had a flame angel in my tank and all my SPS had poor PE. Never saw him nipping but I suspected that was the cause. He decided to jump out of my tank and since then the PE is great! Agreed, hit or miss.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (7)
Send a Private Message
I Remember John saying he was feeding them 4 times a day. I never had trouble with my potter angel. Of course my Mask swallow tails angel never pick at LR or any coral at all. Without a doubt safest angel fish in my reef tank.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:00 AM
Reefer Ratings: (27 (97%)
Friends: (18)
Send a Private Message
just wanted to give you guys a heads up::
after much thought I decided to purchase a juvi regal, Singapore, and coral beauty anjel at the same time. the Singapore nipped on two out of my 4 acans colonies, here and there. I ended up selling two of my colonies and left 2 for him to graze on. other than that, everything is wuite peaceful so far. it has been a week. I feed a sube of music everyday.

I love them..and am super glad I took the chance. my tank is pictured, I'm super stocked with mixed corals.

thanks everyone for their input
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Had a Scribbled for 5 years....Was a model citizen and hand fed it...Never touch any of my coral,,ever