jmc1024

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I was hoping to get some options regarding my Potters Angel. I've had him for about 12 days in qt. He is currently nn the 2nd dose of prazi. When I fist got him he had some head shakes which I tough might be flukes. Since the prazi that's gone away. I don't really see him eating but I have a lot of algae in the tank and I have seen him poop twice so he must be getting something.

What worries me is that he seems to be swimming a lot with his head up. Sometimes he swims vertical but most times his head is pointed upwards. Also he seems to be using a lot of his body to swim, he doesn't seem to be gliding though the water like my Flame. Is this normal for a Potters? Or maybe an issue? Was hoping to get some experienced reefers options.

Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Potters Angel can be a little hard to get to eat and general keep, as opposed to the Flame Angel which are very easy. Was it eating at the store when you brought it? It also may be the Prazi that is keeping it from eating. Then again sometime once a fish has flukes and stop eating it's hard to get to start again.

I would give it a fresh water bath of about 5 mins, make sure you adjust the water and Ph to the same temp as the tank. If it has flukes you should see them come off. If you don't see any flukes come off during the fresh water bath I would remove the Prazi from the tank and see if it starts to eat and act better.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: