jmc1024

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Looking for some thoughts regarding my potter's angel. I've had him for about 6 weeks. I did a 4 week qt (2 weeks with prazi), didn't do any copper. No signs of ick, velvet etc. Put him in my DT about 2 weeks ago. He's been grazing on algae but having trouble with food that's added to tank. He sticks close to the powerhead. He really likes swimming against the current. I'm wondering if he needs to get extra o2 in his gills, or if he just likes it? HE's NOT scratching against any rocks or doesn't have any signs of parasites. What really worries me is that when I shut the powerhead off he lays in the sand and seems in distress. He also doesn't really leave the power head. All of the chem in my tank is in good shape, other fish doing very well.

Thanks,
Jay

jmc1024

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
65 Gallon
Fish: 2 Clowns, 1 Flame, 1 B Anthis, 2 Chromes, 1 Royal Gamma, 1 Foxface 1 spot, 1 hoevens wrasse, 1 watchman goby, 1 damsel, 1 midas blenny.
Everyone is heathy and no real sign of aggression.

jmc1024

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize that he's tough but with a nice source of chaeto and algae I was able to get him through the qt period. When I put him in my DT he immediately began grazing on algae. However he has a lot of difficulty getting food from the water column.

I hear everybody about the flame but I watch the tank a lot and the flame doesn't even go near him. Was the same way when they were in qt together. The qt tank was only a 20 gallon and they both were fine. Unless you think it's just his presence. The potters does seem to have a nervous energy about him.

HE has always had a weird swimming pattern almost a little floppy like a clown fish, not as much as a clown but doesn't swim as smoothly as the flame. Also he swims a lot with his nose up. I called LA a few weeks ago and they said that was normal for a potters.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: