Relz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   1
Purchased an incredible male masked swallowtail over a year ago. Without a female present I literally watched him pretty much turn back to a female himself. Before he had fully reverted to female I was lucky enough to find a female to add to the tank with him. I guess it was too late and he fully made the change to female and I wondered if he would ever turn back to the beautiful bright colored male he was when I purchased him. After close to a year with the new female in the tank I think I'm starting to notice him possibly turning back to male. Fingers crossed!!!!

Last edited:

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I had two pairs at different times. Male still a male was aggressive to female. Second pair I had a male and female . The male less aggressive never chase female than change to female. When I mean aggressive just means at times he will chase her in a good way. Not fighting. Awesome fish ....very harder good eaters. Just have to watch the males might have air bubble in bladder. They go to top of water and release air bubble. Since they come from deeper water. Might of been brought up to fast. Once again excellent fish..

Relz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   1
Interesting, I did notice my transforming male recently start spitting out bubbles and swimming strange. That's the reason why I watched him so closely and noticed him changing. He's still changing daily and swimming normal again. He also chases the female as he has been doing for months. However, yesterday I noticed her pecking back and him doing some sort of vibrating shake around her. Everyday I'm noticing more profound stripes and his mask disappearing along with his yellow on body and face coming in. Very pleased to see!!!

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pat my two females do that all the time. They go to the surface gulp air and swim awkwardly for a day or so until it releases. My Bellus did it also, but has stopped.

That's good Mike. Maybe it release on its own. Usually the males get that. I heard it's because when they are caught. They are bought up to fast. My male did it I never saw female do it.
Reiz, that perfectly normal. You will see a lot more of that. It gets a little aggressive at times. Get used to it. When I first saw it I was nervous. Nothing to worry about. You will see a lot of body shaking. It will last about 5 seconds and will chase her a few times a day. You will also see it more when male what's to mate.

Relz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   1
My Boy is back!!!!

8A09CECF-8255-496C-9764-A20992C09106.jpg

0FD23DF8-229E-4EEA-A543-2FF015F6B17A.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: