nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So here's the situation. I have a 75g, with a 3chamber sump. chamber1 has my 2 heaters, chamber2 has my skimmmer with 2pumps( 1for recirc(rio-3500,1 to feed(mag5) water to the skimmer), Chamber3 has 1 pump (mag9) for the return. I feel like these pumps evaporate alot of water. Any suggestions?

kalapnath

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the situation. I have a 75g, with a 3chamber sump. chamber1 has my 2 heaters, chamber2 has my skimmmer with 2pumps( 1for recirc(rio-3500,1 to feed(mag5) water to the skimmer), Chamber3 has 1 pump (mag9) for the return. I feel like these pumps evaporate alot of water. Any suggestions?

Bye the way how much evaporation do you get..............

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
So you have to turn on your RODI for 20 minutes a day. boohoo.

Or just get a bucket of RODI water and then flick a pump on, thats about 10 seconds a day.

Or get an ATO for 0 seconds a day.

Are you an Investment Banker who is working 24/7?

nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm not an investment banker, just a personal banker and work 8/5. And i wasnt complaining, was just asking for a suggestion so if u cant address my question dont add your 2cents

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Less evaporation = higher heat (more than likely).
Cover your tank = higher heat
Cover your sump = higher heat

Most people prefer to use evaporation for cooling their tank, you're looking to do the opposite. Makes you wonder if everyone else is wrong :scratchch

My 75g evaporates 1-1.5g every day (the variation is due to seasonal changes). Your evap is normal......and healthy for your tank.

swimmer

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Just wanted to add, there is no real correlation between external pump and lower evaporation. I'm not sure where people got that from, but you'll evaporate more if there's more surface agitation (water pump), more air flowing on that surface agitation (fan), and if that air is less humid (depends on the weatherman). So the opposite will hold true if you want less evaporation.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: