masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Also make sure you are charged salsa tax on what you buy not what the original price before the sale price is instituted.

I even purchased some of these $1/gallon tanks. Great price. They charged me sales (not salsa ;) ) tax on the original amount, not the sales price. This amounted to a huge difference because I bought two entire pallets of tanks. I had a major argument with the store manager trying to explain the proper way to charge my tax......to no avail. I reported them to the NYS Dept. of Taxation. The state said they actually had the right to charge customers anything they wanted.....as long as THEY paid the amount collected to the state. The customer however has the right (and burden) to submit a sales tax refund claim to the Dept of Taxation for a refund. I did, I collected. It was a royal PITA.

Russ

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I even purchased some of these $1/gallon tanks. Great price. They charged me sales (not salsa ;) ) tax on the original amount, not the sales price. This amounted to a huge difference because I bought two entire pallets of tanks. I had a major argument with the store manager trying to explain the proper way to charge my tax......to no avail. I reported them to the NYS Dept. of Taxation. The state said they actually had the right to charge customers anything they wanted.....as long as THEY paid the amount collected to the state. The customer however has the right (and burden) to submit a sales tax refund claim to the Dept of Taxation for a refund. I did, I collected. It was a royal PITA.

Russ

:biglaugh: salsa tax

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I was lucky enough to score a 33g Oceanic cube during one of these sales a few years ago. You might get lucky if you go to a Petco with...um... uninformed employees.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: