Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Just thought I'd share the news for anyone contemplating an upgrade or needs a QT. The Petco dollar per gallon sale starts Sunday and applies to all in stock tanks from 10g to 55g including the 40 breeder.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Some stores will do 40 gallon breeders also.

Does anyone have experience if the glasses can be drilled? I'm thinking of picking up like 2 or 3 55g

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Some stores will do 40 gallon breeders also.

Does anyone have experience if the glasses can be drilled? I'm thinking of picking up like 2 or 3 55g

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs
All stores include the 40 breeder but they must have it in stock. As far as drilling goes I know the 40 can be drilled but I'm not sure about the 55 or the rest of the tanks.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
If its Aqueon/All-Glass Aquarium tanks, here's a PDF listing if the bottom is tempered.
http://www.aqueonproducts.com/assets/012/23821.pdf
As far as I know, the sides are not tempered, at least not that I encountered. Most people wouldn't want the sides/front(you can't tell the difference between front and back as they can all be turned around and look exactly the same unless its reef ready... which isn't on sale anyways) tempered because you may be able to see the honeycomb shapes in the glass under a certain angle with the light, whereas you're not looking from the bottom. (at least this is what I heard)

Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Yea how did you guess. Figure they would stock it and set it up for me to. Wow all for 29 dollars.

I was actually referring to the marineland glass cubes they sell. Which are rectangular glass tanks. That fills the description.

But thanks for your constructive comment. You really added to that post.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
They usually word the add to include all rectangular tanks. They got into trouble in past years because they had intended to only include rectangular tanks but never worded the add that way and had to sell the cubes for sale price. They have learned from their past mistakes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: