L

LOVEMYREEF

POSTS??

I mean does anyone even look in the FS/FT site?
there seems to be a good enough amount of us here and are we all just giving our money to the LFS instead of getting some awesome deals?

jcurry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually check it everyday at lunch. I haven't finished unpacking my tank yet, so I'm not in the market to purchase or trade corals right now. But I have definitely seen a lot of good deals on this site that I regrettably had to pass up.

L

LOVEMYREEF

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not really sure what we can do? although i do find it strange that we dont get tons of posts. I visit pet stores all the time and there are tons of people shopping..why wouldnt you buy from fellow reefers or ask questions from people who would know instead of just taking a shot...

anyway just my 2 cents.

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well've been on this site for about 2 weeks now and I find it to be great. There's alot of information and the people on the site seem to be really informative and polite. Its not huge like reefcentral.com (which I like also) but its more of a neighborhood (local) site which I find to be really good. It's a ten star site to me.

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your support Toe. You hit the nail on the head.

We are not trying to compete with Reefcentral, we are more of a locale based site for helping people in the area meet others who are interested in reefing.

We are currently looking for ways to expand our community and make it richer for all of our members.

If you have any ideas or recommendations, please let us know.

Thanks!

-T

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you TRANA

Well Believe it or not I work in a Local Pet Shop in the City (Please hold all the harsh comments
) I suggest to people all the time if there is something about reef keeping that I can't inform them about to check out this site. I was thinking about making some kind of flyers of some sort to hand out to people that stop by my job. The site is really good already, but as times goes on more people will come to the site and things will only get better. Keep up the good work!

L

LOVEMYREEF

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
hey i got an idea...how about when someone replies to a post its bumped up again to the top...

Reefcentral does that and i think its very helpful

so i recommend bumps

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Hmmm, doesn't this board do that already? I thought everytime a message is posted it goes right to the top of the board.

This community has kind of swayed away from the stores so that an accurate opinion could form. Maybe the next step is to become associated with a few of the local stores? What do they have to lose? It seems that local tradings don't affect their business, so why not support the community?

Maybe this is the next logical step.
kissing.gif
bang.gif

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hello All, I love this site. I don't know how long Manhattan Reefs has been around, so I can't really say that you need to change anything. I love the idea that it is community based. I for one will never buy from an out of towner again. Yeah, I got burned. So, once I am finished setting up my tank, I will definitely be doing all my business here.
I thank Rebels23 for telling me about this site.

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I check in at least 2 times a day.I'm always looking for frags from fellow reefers (like Zoo's)
hint...hint...hehe.Hey House of laughter we're really close keep in touch we'll swap frags some time :D

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
House, I'm looking for zoo's,Ricordea,gold cap toadstool,candycane mostly softies.I dont have any to trade right now but if your willing to sell some frags that would be great.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: