scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
i was thinking: is it possible to have two tanks plumbed into one sump. if i just had external overflows on each tank going into the sump could i then just have the mag 9.5 return to both tanks. is there anything i'm overlooking? is it to much of a headache?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
scarf_ace1981 said:
i was thinking: is it possible to have two tanks plumbed into one sump. if i just had external overflows on each tank going into the sump could i then just have the mag 9.5 return to both tanks. is there anything i'm overlooking? is it to much of a headache?

I find that consolidating things together will cause more headache in the future for example you in case you are forced to use medications for one whole tank while you don't want the other one to be touched. This is like the system being used in a lot of LFS. Once they have a plaque of some sort they would not do much to correct it until it kill all their live stock or at the point when they cannot ignore it anymore. Curing/medicating/repairing a system of ~4,000G is not an easy task!!! Same goes for treating two tanks is much harder than treating one.

I would recommend seperating your systems for the sake of disease control while giving more dynamics in keeping more varieties of live stock which requires different requirement-some LS like dirty water while others like clean water.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: