yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Deanos said:
Listen to yessongs....He is to zoanthids, as Yoda is to the Force:
pesca_blurb200.jpg

bowing.gif

Thanks, Dean! your a member of the Jedi Council.
along with a few other great zoo keepers on this site.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
thanks! sorry- i had forgotten about the snails i had bought before...and i did have a lot of hitch hikers on my rock (though why it would take them 9months to start on my zoos would be a mystery to me)..

one more thing- since my schooter blenny died a while back i've noticed a huge increase in the # of little copeopods in my tank. One species is so abundent there have got to be hundreds in there- I believe a type of Amphipod. They are shrimp like and love to gather in packs. I saw them late last night when I woke up-- all over the place! Any thing there that could bring about a clue as to what this thing is?

Thanks again!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
lol- no i wouldn't try to remove the pods- my tank hasn't had them in a while b/c of the blenny at the time. just was wondering at the insane number of small 'shrimps' all over the place!

well i will update on this problem if it gets worse/better- thanks for the help!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
<bump>

OK- a little update. Just looked in my tank and noticed that one of my larger tru blue shrooms was gone. I know shrooms sometimes move around so I started searching the tank for it...

Noticed that some shrooms in the back corner of my tank were gone as well...hmmm

So I started looking near those shrooms and noticed a shrimp i've never seen before in my tank (strange how 9 months later I am still finding new things- and in 16g!!!). I'm going to try to describe it (got some pics but they didn't really turn out well...

He was translucent, with pink parallel strips running down his body. No claws or anything I could see. Pretty big! At least an inch and a half long from what I estimate. He has to be from the gulf of mexico - I haven't added any rock since my LR shipment.

Any ideas on what he could be? Thanks again!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: