A

andy2

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Hay H.O.L. whats your take on the use of the plenium? For it or against it? and why? Thx

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Andy,

Definately for it - I am going for a nitrate free tank - completely. Since the plenum design is to create an interaction (I believe a biological or chemical one) between the cavity and the water column to build a zone that denitrifies, I think this is a good thing

It makes sense, but then you can't have deep diggers unless you cover your crushed Arag or Coral over the plenum with another coating of screening and then add the sand - that's what I plan on doing - this way I can maintain the plenum and also have deep digger if I want.

In short I agree with the plenum systems concepts and think it benefits a reef tank and fish only tanks.

Hope this helps - there is also a little pamphlet out there about DSBs - I believe it's called Sand Secret's and I am having a brain fart on the author's name - pretty famous, though.

Hope this helps.

Jim

kennerd

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd keep an eye out for someone breaking down a tank in this area. Just have to keep on your toes and keep checking back on various sites. Have to be quick, though! Also, not sure if you are a member of any other boards (not that there's anything wrong around here!), but specifically, Reefcentral is one of the larger ones, also has a NJ Reefers Club Forum NJ Reefers Club forum

Live Rock in Ewing, NJ

OR EVEN BETTER: Just found this post over there: 200 lbs Fiji LR in NYC for $1/lb...
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=ef1da267c3cf897c0a2c5d5d54a0a00d&threadid=186115

Only problem is the aiptasia and mojanos! Well, you could spend your evenings getting rid of them..cheap entertainment, but cheap rock and looks kinda nice....

Find a few deals like this, even in small batches and you'll be on your way..

Also, better figure on finding some more cash along the way: your still going to have to spend $120 a year on bulbs, and you're not even hooked on corals or livestock. You'll be wanting halides on that badboy in no time!
devil.gif

[ May 24, 2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: kennerd ]

A

apparent

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would personally just buy a little live rock at a time go uncured since its cheaper and your not in a rush

A

apparent

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you can always just try trading soemtime for live rock or sell some stuff for money ;]

A

andy2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello apparent, thx. I cant believe you found live rock for a dollar a lb. Unreal. Unemployed so ill just have to wait. No biggie. Soon ill be looking back at all this laughing remembering when. But im gonna definetly- best i can spell it, look for $1 a lb:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: