Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok so my weakness when it comes to marine life is water chemistry i will admit i am not the best at all the details when it comes to some of this stuff, but i am learning and doing all the research i can, for now i have a question on my Calcium..oh and by the way my ph probe was re-calibrated and now its at about 8.1ish hope thats not to low....

back to calcium, for as long as i have been in this hobby my calcium thanks to oceanic salt has been constant leveled. 460-500 for example and i was curious if there is a reason why it never drops below the lowest i listed, or why i never need to add calcium to my tank....

In my old 30g i used to add purple up (i know i know) i didnt know any better but i know it was a somewhat calcium additive and my coraline exploded everywhere, in my 65g now i have trace areas of purple coraline nothing to write home about, and i have noticed that my 2 shrimps (fire and cleaner havent really molted in the 2 months i have them, my cleaner did actually 2x, but the fire hasnt at all...)

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That is a good article, and maybe i should invest in a new cal test, i am using the aquarm pharm test and it has always been the same for a long time when testing (high 20+drops to get to the desired color) ...

any way to lower calcium down or would that not be necessary?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: