• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
There comes a point in time where one comes to a crossroad and says, "I can't take it anymore". Well this isn't one of those situations. When I state that I am done... I mean I no longer have usable space in my very small 40g breeder.
I have looked for possible solutions on frag placements, but alas... I have no room. Upgrading to a larger tank is not an option at this moment as.. well really I don't have the time to care for multiple tanks, let alone a larger one.
So I am turning to the inevitable.
I am looking into adding a frag tank and plumb it into my DT. Now reasoning for this is, well I want to use it for more grow out then my DT will allow then transfer over when there is substantial growth.

So my idea is to go with a small 30g ish frag tank. Now my dilemma would be lighting the tank. Do you think that a par38 bulb would be enough for a shallow tank? I would not put LEDs out of the equation, however mounting the light would have to be thought out, as a par38 I can just put a light fixture and point it.

So you say... he can't be serious. I know that I have over filled my tank when I glued frags to the glass. I have all of MR to blame for this!!!!

This is the best I can do with my phone's camera.

:lol2:

Attachments

• IMAG0445.jpg
    IMAG0445.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 260

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
i know my effla is taking up valuable real estate. i'll see you soon with a surprise frag of my own...are you ready for sps? =)

little late there buddy.. I've got a few small pieces... the effla is taking up space on my frag rack. hurry before it gets a chance to multiply off the plug.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Hey skene i know its a phone pic however its obvious that your tank is well loaded and its yet another display tank to be admired, so why not relax and grow out and let this tank pay you back a bit and make delicious little frags to sell lol, just an idea and i make custom brackets for lighting so if you need help with light mounting feel free to pm me .

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Tony... I don't want to pull out the real camera to take a pic.. I'm too lazy.

SW.. like I said I enjoy watching things grow. I'm not much for selling livestock and corals. Don't want anyone thinking I'm a stealth vendor. :p
I especially don't have patience to frag small things like zoas or palys or cut heads off.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: