TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I had the same issue with my air water ice. It also took about 6 hours to make a 5 gallon bucket and it was brand new! It was also a bigger unit than yours I think it was 150 gph or more. I just gave up using it and used tap lol. The water in queens was good though I'm not sure how jersey water is.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Essex county water is 300~ straight from tap, gotta change filters every 3 mo when I used it. I bought smaller micron filters from brs ans output is noticeably slower on a150 GPD.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Membranes are rated at either 96% or 98% efficiency, so with 185 tap Tds, worst case u should see 7 Tds after the membrane. The Di resin should easily bring that to 0 Tds after the Di.
Replace your sediment and carbon filters, run the unit without the Di hooked up. Let it run for a bit. Then check the reading after the membrane.

If its within range, (4% ot less than tap) then install the new Di resin.

If its too high, replace the membrane and check again.

This way you don't burn thru the Di resin until your other filters and membrane are good.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Plus1

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I had the same issue with my air water ice. It also took about 6 hours to make a 5 gallon bucket and it was brand new! It was also a bigger unit than yours I think it was 150 gph or more. I just gave up using it and used tap lol. The water in queens was good though I'm not sure how jersey water is.

What's your phosphate???
Can you keep sps??? Lmao

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My incoming water before it its any filter is 035. After the 2 filters is 0.00. After Di is 0.00. So why is my fresh new salt water mix giving me a phoshate reading 0.08. Which is also what my tank reads. It does not make sense. Its not salt I tried another brand with same reading. Running GFO on tank and its stays same. I can't get it any lower. Nirates is 0. I removed Bio Pellents which introduced cyano. So was dealing with that but much better without them.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
My incoming water before it its any filter is 035. After the 2 filters is 0.00. After Di is 0.00. So why is my fresh new salt water mix giving me a phoshate reading 0.08. Which is also what my tank reads. It does not make sense. Its not salt I tried another brand with same reading. Running GFO on tank and its stays same. I can't get it any lower. Nirates is 0. I removed Bio Pellents which introduced cyano. So was dealing with that but much better without them.

Test the phosphates of your RO water.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0

Most salts have phosphates in them...that is why I use esv...esv claims no/low phosphate

mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Yea prob the case. I spoke to air water ice they said it could be the membrane since it's not even doing 50% than tap so they want me to test the tap for chlorine/choramines.

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: