masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I was just going through some of my old photos, and realized that things HAVE changed in my tank. I'd like to post some before and after shots.

The first one is my Green Wall Hammer. Notice the size of it compared to the clown. June, 2004

The second one is a wider angle of the same Green Wall Hammer. March, 2006 (almost 2 years)

The third pic is a sad photo of my Red Lobophyllia on the day I received it. This was my first internet purchase of any coral. It's quite obvious there are two bleached and exposed skeletal areas on the lobo. February, 2005

The fourth pic is the recovery of the Lobo after 6 months in my tank. October, 2005

Russ

Attachments

• Peek a boo clown.JPG
    Peek a boo clown.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 142
  • FTS March 2 2006 daylights cropped.jpg
    FTS March 2 2006 daylights cropped.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Lobo 2 on 2-13-05.jpg
    Lobo 2 on 2-13-05.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Lobo 1 daylight on 10-24-05.jpg
    Lobo 1 daylight on 10-24-05.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 140

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
ORA Acropora Tortuosa Blue

Pic 1 on the day I got it in August, 2004

Pic 2 December, 2004 (4 months)

Pic 3 December, 2005 (16 months in tank) after about 25 or 30 frags had already been cut

Attachments

• mother colony 8-04.jpg
    mother colony 8-04.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 141
  • mother colony 12-04.jpg
    mother colony 12-04.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 140
  • ORA A. Tort Blue.jpg
    ORA A. Tort Blue.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 140

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
wow russ....awesome comparison shots dude, especially the last one. Makes me think of our tanks as works of art, years in the making.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Steve, you know very well I don't even dose, let alone steroids. You can get a pee sample from any one of my corals at any time, it's clean :lol:

Pedro, thanks. That hammer started at about 4" - 5". It is easily 12" - 14" now. Unreal how much it grew. It feels like I just woke up one day and it was that big. It's like kids, you don't remember the inbetween years. Just the birth and current. :happysad:

froggie, thanks buddy. The oceans took millions of years to do it's work of art. Seems to happen faster in our glass boxes.

I don't really add anything else to this tank. I'm kind of letting it grow into itself. That's why I needed the 16 bow. Just because I don't have the room to upsize. :sad: And still get the urge to get more coral.

Russ

S

steveo32

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
ahh russ you could always fit a 120 in that wall lol

ohh and I just think your coking hte books on not dosing, hey you know I'm good at digging I'll find something lol jsut wait :justkidding: :lol:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
russ get a 180 gallon come on master.......... im thinking about gettin my next soon.. 120-180 gallon myself......... lets do it up....... ill come down there and help u and u come down here and help me and its all good.. lolz
but i get to do u a favor for free and frag ur tank.... no charge at all absolutely free thankyou.............. lol jus kidden...

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Deanos said:
Perhaps, it's a male. Their growth is stunted by the presence of a dominant female. :fishhit:

Ding, Ding, Ding and we haaaaave a winner!!!

BTW, the entire tank just had its 2nd birthday March 19th. :party:

Jim, scarf, ctx thank you guys.

420, I run T5's 6 x 54w SLS TEK light. Thanks for checking it out.

master

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I went to Russ's place yesterday and I have to say he got very impressive tank in his house. I love his tank so much. And very nice setup. And his house is very nice and middle of no where, although they are building new house right next to Russ, he is not happy, LOL.

Russ,
I think you should do some kind of open house or Manhattanreef member reef party in your house. I'll bring some beers, hehe. I can take couple of people since I know the way to your place, it's pretty easy and very good driving area, alot of curvy road.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: