jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hey all, for those of you who know me, I got out of the hobby a few years ago when I went to study abroad, and now a few years post college I'm looking to get back in the hobby. I've been perusing the boards lately and researching different tanks/manufacturers. I'm on the fence as to whether I should go used or new. I have some unique specs, looking to get a 65-75g rimless RR tank. I reached out to glass cages and got a reasonable quote on a 70g (36*18*24) rimless rr tank. I have never dealt with them before so would definitely appreciate feedback for people who have dealt with them.

Thanks!
Jawwad

PHILYD1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have a 120 gallon rimless tank from them, I bought it about 4 months ago and I couldnt be happier with it, there is a lot of good and bad reviews about GC on Internet but like I said I had a great experience with them, and for the price you cant beat it.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
heres my old 33 gallon rimless from them

Glass was supposed to be sent as 3/8, was sent as 1/2" , the overflow was supposed to be half the size. they sent this BEAST.

The drilled larger holes then they were supposed to and actually sent incorrect bulk heads.

Firstpictureoftank.jpg

check out that overflow. lol. you can see the poor silicone work.

They also sent it with chipped glass..

33rimlesschip.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Jonny, I agree with your assessment of GC. Their work is very haphazard, messy, inconsistent, and poor quality.....IMO

I would use their workmanship for nothing more than a sump that I can hide in a stand. It does not stand up to my standards for a display tank. Sure it'll hold water, but so will a Rubbermaid Brute, but I wouldn't use that for a display either.

Russ

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Also like to add when I called them to complain they were nasty as can be, not apologetic.

I have heard some good stories with some of there non custom tanks, once you go custom they start using scrap glass and don't care one bit if it comes out to your specifications.

I'll have more pictures tonight.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I just got a quote from coast to coast for a custom 40g cube. They are on the more expensive side, but everything I read is you get what you pay for.

I also emailed miracle aquariums. we'll see what they come back with

greengny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Got a 48 x 24 x 21 from them about 2 months ago.

With the exception of one, very slightly, messy seam, I have no complaints. My custom order for larger drain holes and larger bulkheads was met with no problems. Delivery was on time. Tank has starfire on 3 sides.

So far so good.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: