stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm setting up my Tech 120 this weekend with Radion LED's, 2 Vortech pumps, Mag 7 for Skimmer, Pan World 100PX-X return pump, Apex controller, small Eheim on the Calcium reactor, and all the other doodads, like heater, etc. No chiller, as my place is chilled all summer. I have two outlets available. Wondering if it is to much for my breaker? Any suggestions???

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
75 gal
6 bulb t5
Reefbrite
Fuge light
Triton 4 return
100w heater
Bm skimmer
2 MP40's
Ato
Dosing pump

That mag 7 and the panworld will draw a lot of amps.
What size heaters u gonna run?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Jesse, what you need to do is a little 'CSI' (Coral Scene Investigation) :)

Each and every electrical appliance you're using should have a UL Listed label that details the # of watts the appliance uses. For instance, if you have a 300w heater, your Radions are ~ 118w, the VorTechs are 28w, and so on. You need to add up the wattage used, in our scenario here it comes to 446w. Then you divide the 446w/ 120V (which is the standard electric we use in the great ole USofA.) So 446w/120v = 3.72 amps

Hope this helps,
Russ

stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Jesse, what you need to do is a little 'CSI' (Coral Scene Investigation) :)

Each and every electrical appliance you're using should have a UL Listed label that details the # of watts the appliance uses. For instance, if you have a 300w heater, your Radions are ~ 118w, the VorTechs are 28w, and so on. You need to add up the wattage used, in our scenario here it comes to 446w. Then you divide the 446w/ 120V (which is the standard electric we use in the great ole USofA.) So 446w/120v = 3.72 amps

Hope this helps,
Russ
Look at the big brain on Russ! That's why they pay you the big bucks!
Thank you. Now I have to figure out what else will be on that breaker with the tank.
May have to get an electrician to move things around. Damn!!!!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
My 150g is running with everything on under 2 amp.

WOW!!!!! 2 amps = a total of 240w

On a 150g tank I'd think about 500w-600w of heaters alone (@ only 500w that's 4.17 amps). What about pumps & lights? That's a ridiculously low load, unless of course you're running sunlight as your lighting and keeping your ambient room temperature at about 65 degrees.

Kudos to you for being so green.

Russ

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
WOW!!!!! 2 amps = a total of 240w

On a 150g tank I'd think about 500w-600w of heaters alone (@ only 500w that's 4.17 amps). What about pumps & lights? That's a ridiculously low load, unless of course you're running sunlight as your lighting and keeping your ambient room temperature at about 65 degrees.

Kudos to you for being so green.

Russ
I have everything plugin to apex and that what i see on display.all i have is led light.buble blaster pump.skimmer and reactor runs on main pump and 2 vortech pumps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: