dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Fishman half the crap we buy in this hobby is a waste of money and seriously that stuff work I grow 4 gallon of macro on a 2 week basis with that stuff in my fuge and am talking on my nano system I don't know y it didnt work for but it work for me I don't think 28 bucks is a lot of money i see 1"/1polyp frags of crap for ridiculous amount of $$

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im with you Dubs, the 28 dollars I spent is a small fraction of what I have spent on my whole tank. I'm not convinced it wont produce, I'm upset at the quality of the printed directions. They should read...

1. TURN OFF ALL FLOW!!!
2. Lower water level in fuge/sump to just above desired mud height
3. Pour in slowly, let settle
4. Pour in a 1-2" substrait "cap" over the mud
5. Introduce flow slowly to insure substrait has covered the mud entirely so as not to be disturbed by flow

The problem is when compared to Miracle Mud, this stuff looks like boulders. You wouldn't think that there was that many fines.

My plan is to continue to circulate water and keep the fines suspended. The skimmer should pick off a fair amount of the fines over the next week. I will save the skim which contains the "mud" and reintroduce into my fuge according to my directions, because right now I have miracle sand. There is no LR in the tank as of yet so I am not re-introducing toxins.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I am not skeptical or suspicious of this product. I just dont like adding this many trace elements.
Seems like it would be a great fertilizer for a planted tank, but, we should not be focused on trying to actively encourage this type of growth in a fuge.
We should be letting macro in the fuge grow passively by absorbing the by product nutrients from the livestock.
Trying to fertilize a fuge is a backward approach since the macro will recede as the nutrients are used up. It will now disperse that back into the system faster than the rate of absorption. This will cause problems.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jq5cti.jpg

el1s0z.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: