Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
yea i just got home the corals aren't looking to happy hopefully they will bounce back i did a 10 gallon water change at 1023 and it only raised my tank to 1022 i guess 10 gallons wasn't enough to make a difference

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i am going to lose my mind lol. the salinity dropped back to 1021 after doing a water change at 1023 this morning. i have another 5 gallon bucket freshly mixed with salt to 1024 i turned my ato off at the moment can i just top off with this for now untill i can get the salinity back up.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
alright what is going on though it makes no sense i dont think the refractometer is out of whack but the salinity was 1023 this morning now 1021? no leaks my skimmer isnt even pulling anything it makes no sense.
your tank does not have an overflow to house drain? no where for 'extra' water to go?

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
no i have no other drain on the system just the one overflow that drains in the sump. there is no where for the water to escape other then the skimmer if i was skimming wet but i am not. is there a test i could do that could absolutley prove my refractometer isnt broken. one guy told me leave a bucket with a closed lid and write down the salinity of it, and check it in a couple days and it should be the same salinity.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
no i have no other drain on the system just the one overflow that drains in the sump. there is no where for the water to escape other then the skimmer if i was skimming wet but i am not. is there a test i could do that could absolutley prove my refractometer isnt broken. one guy told me leave a bucket with a closed lid and write down the salinity of it, and check it in a couple days and it should be the same salinity.
worth a try

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: