scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
guys i'm kinda new to in sump skimmers. i've always had remoras which are basically plug and play. where should the water level be in relation to my euro reef skimmer? right now the skimmer is neck deep in water.
DSCN1332.jpg

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Falco said:
I am not 100% sure what level its supposed to be at but that is way to high. I think its usually 6" or so from the bottom of the skimmer.
Absolutely too high!! A range of 6-10" should suffice. Raise the skimmer using eggcrate.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
thanks deanos and falco. i knew it was way too high but just wanted to know whether there was a specifc height or somewhere specific on the skimmer where the water level should be. i thought about the eggcrate. i'll see if i have enough left laying around

P

Pedro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that skimmer is about to drown. The recommended water height is 6-8" by Euroreef. Either raise it up, or lower the water level in the sump. Can your sump handle an outage? That's just too high for my comfort.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Pedro said:
Man that skimmer is about to drown. The recommended water height is 6-8" by Euroreef. Either raise it up, or lower the water level in the sump. Can your sump handle an outage? That's just too high for my comfort.

well i went home and made a little eggcrate stand for the euroreef.

pedro- the sump can handle a power outage. i just got the sump this weekend. that section where the skimmer and drain are currently used to be the fuge. the other sections are much lower.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Oh ok, forgive me. For some reason it looked that that was the entire tank. Now i noticed that it's a baffle i see. Cool. Now you might want to do the gate valve mod though, since the sponge will be out the water. Otherwise you're going to get alot of water splash.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: