PC are basically HO
and VHO is VHO

so that what your comparing
VHO is much much better

personally I prefer MH

Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now how are VHO's different from t5 HO, only difference I see would be the size. SO i would think VHO's would be better...What determines light intensity? I mean I understand how MH are more intense than other bulbs but how are vho and t5s different? I have been running pcs with sps on the top for months and I have been able to keep some sps, others get a little bleached. I rather lps and softies but I would like to have some sps in my tank and not always all the way to the top..wouild vhos or t5's do the best job? And how many watts its all in a 75 gal

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
t5 is the diameter size of the tube thats it

bulb come in different diameters
t5
t8
t12

the lower number being the smaller diameter
wattage is still wattage

Most LFS aren't thinking of the long run of the corals they just get them in and sell the as quickly as possible so if they can get away with less wattage (less overhead, lower electric bill) They figure why not.
I've worked at alot of shops in my time and most wouldn't let me suppliment cause it costs too much.

Not every LFS has a 1000 gallon SPS LPS system powered with MH including a 400 gallon tank with 2 1000w MH like that place........hmmmm........can't remember the name......I think it's called Aquatic Creations

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: