Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I just started a 2.5 gallon reef tank with a sand bed of 3 inches, a few pounds of live rock, a Shark filter with with nothing running in it(Shark filter is like the Fluval one filter) A PC 50/50 JBJ clamp on light. I have a few frags in a 55 gallon display tank at work I wanted to put in my 2.5 gallon tank. I just wanted to hear some input on which corals I should start with. I have a frag of leather coral, finger leather coral, and candy cane coral. I was also going to put a catalina goby in also, let me know what you think?

S

stealyourhouse

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I would say putting a fish in a 2.5 gallon tank is a really bad idea. Unless you've got a sump running on it, which I doubt, you're really going to have a hard time keeping good water quality with a hungry fish in there.

[ June 05, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: stealyourhouse ]

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its a 18 watt 10k white and 7100 k blue pc jbj clamp on light. The tank is about 6 inches hight. The catalina goby only gets about 2 inches in length, its a small fish that's pretty hardy (from wht I hear). I have a capnella frag (which I got from steve...thnx) in a 55 I want to put in the 2.5...is that a good coral to start with? And should I use a different fish in the tank?

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
toe'knee, head to nano-reef.com and check out liquid's 2.5 in the member section. Also, he is planning on putting a second (you read that right) fish in, when he finds one that won't get beat up by his chromis.

his tank is loaded with livestock so it can be done.

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea liquids tank is really nice, I seen another guy name oscar (I think) at RC and his 2.5 was really nice. The catalina goby likes mid to lower 70's from what I have read. I would try a sm clown goby but my last one didn't do too well. But I have some bad new, my new light is broken so now I have to get a new one and I want to get a pc for my 7 bow which is going to be a nano also. So anyone with some nice frags for sale let me know ;)

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem J Curry, you had good intentions. I should be getting a new light sometime next week and I should be getting one for my 7 gallon bow front also. But thanx for the temp. light...see ya monday ;)

A

andy2

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
See what happens when I dont stop by the store, brother breaks your light.... Only playing. Whats up tone????

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are fnny as hell. See you Wed. H.O.L ;)

Andy shouldn't you be taking care of that live rock in the back of your toilet? make sure its getting enough light...lol...just joking, stop by the store, I wanna know how the tank is going.

A

andy2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats up? tank ok, currently keeping light on for toilet you know ha ha ha ha.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: