Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The green digi seems to be quite scarce these days for some reason. I have always ( and still do ) recommend M.digitata as the best beginner SPS--Hardy, affordable and beautiful. And I might add, still worthy of inclusion in any advanced reef system if folks would get over their "rare" designer named coral fixation.

Agreed. M. digitata are the scout recon of the SPS world. Always recommend them as the starter frag since they can be pretty hardy and forgiving.

Even if you include all montipora available in the trade, the acros still show a much greater variability. Plus montipora is mostly easy to grow and even the "designer" types have been grown to the point where frags are do cheap it isn't worth the time commercially unless you count a large scale organization like ORA.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
And another thing that has me irked for quite some time, I can understand some errors on the non commercial sellers, but if you are selling corals professionally get the names right!

Labling SPS corals as soft corals or LPS corals as SPS etc etc or even a Zoa as a candy cane, A lobo as a trach etc etc is just showing that you have no idea what you are doing. It drives me nuts.

Again not pointing fingers at ANYONE here. Furious 6 STAND DOWN!!!

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up the other day was listed as a purple/blue digi, looks more blue to me need to take some time to get taking pics better.

2012-06-28134051.jpg

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Check out this green branching montipora I got in last week. It's pretty cool. And chief its an sps. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I believe that is a Stellata Digi. Bright green polyps with irregular growth pattern. You don't see it everywhere. My favorite digi. Here's mine:

frags2-25-12011.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: