KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You could also go to Lowe's or Home Depot and purchase a Brute Trash can. They come with a cover and they also sell the wheels for them. The Brute cans are safe for RO and SW storage.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Unless you are going large 100+ gallons you are better off going to HD. However, if you would like nice looking and large containers than tankdepot.com will be the best choice. I had 3 containers shipped 2-210g and 1-75g and it was a lot cheaper than tradefair when I shipped the three. If you are buying one unit than it does not make sense; go to trade fair. Set up a group buy with tank depot....:D

Stackbundles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks everyone. My water changes now with a 75 gallon tank are a pain. I usually do 20 gallons at once. Mixing water, lugging water all over the house, etc. I'm just thinking down the road when I upgrade I want the easiest way of doing water changes. I can't imagine having a larger tank and doing larger water changes. I'm going to do it the right way next time.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Nott sure how you remove the old water from your tank, but you might consider using a Python for that purpose. Granted that is a water waster (like our RO units), but it makes the process oh so much easier if the sink is not nearby!

Stackbundles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I will look into the python. Right now I siphon water from the DT directly into 5 gallon buckets because of how far my tank is to the nearest drain. I also mix water near my ro/di unit and lug the water across the house to the DT. It's becoming extremely annoying. I was just thinking of having a large mixing storage tank and then when it's mixed pump the water directly to the tank. I could also pump out the water from the DT to the drain as well. For larger tanks there are going to be larger water changes and I'm def not going to do it the way I'm doing it now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: