winsbxnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
i been watching shows all day about fish tanks and the way they are setup but honestly im not impress the tanks are nice and big but none of them are live reef tanks then i saw a episode of fish tank kings and the asian guy francis didnt want to do a 600 gallon reef tank cause he said only professional can pull a reef tank smh so with that being said i jus want all you guys on manhattan reefs with reef tanks to consider youselfs professionals cause almost every tank set up i have seen has been amazeing and you should pat your selfs on the back you guys have helped me and tons of other people stup tanks and maintain corals so like i said you guys are pros !!!!!!

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I watched fish tank kings a few times and hated it..
Tanked is much better..granted they mostly do fish only with fake inserts but the guys are funny,IMO, and they make some really nice tanks..
The show just seems to be staged more and more..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Reefs

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
what is sad this whole country is ignorant to the realities of life, much less the reef keeping hobby. watch TV, listen to music, news media outlets have become tabloids. compared to life 40-50 years, ago we are in the wrong direction as a society and I don't mean politically

Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I agree with him. He is geeky but I understand what he means.
They are a business and they install a product over the course of a few hours in elaborate homes. It must function mechanically and biologically and be aesthetically what the customer wanted on the spot. And do all this without making a mess since they deal with high end houses.

We have the luxury of building a tank over the course of months and years as our knowledge and experience in the hobby grows with our tanks.
Plenty of people on this website have had tank crashes that are unacceptable in that business.

I know I could put a fully stocked 600 gallon tank together and it would look fantastic, in a couple years. I dont think any hobbyists on this forum could do that by Christmas.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: