faul425

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I just bought a Apex Controller and I have a Mac Desktop. I try to hook it up with Apex with the Mac and ultimately gave up. So for alternative I hooked up my pc laptop and was able to configure things there. Just to get somewhere. Which I heard that it wasn't a good idea to hook it up to your laptop because it was recommended that you should have it linked to a computer where it stays on all the time. (don't know if thats true). It was working I was able to turn things on and off with my computer and actually with my droid apex app also. Then I thought I was golden.....then I unplugged the ethernet cable from the Dlink router that was attached to my Apex Brain. Then later everything on my computer laptop says that cant connect to server or doesn't seem to register it. I have tried following the manuals but I keep getting frustrated. So my question to all the apex users is what should I do now? Should I buy the Apple Airport Extreme? A wireless game router if so what kind? I just want an easy way to approach this. I just wanted to be able to look at my phone or computer and shut things off and on without having to whip out my 100 ft ethernet cable everytime to plug it to change things. Anyone else have a hard time with the apex controllers? Thanks.

Nottick

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I use a wireless gaming adaptor.

Make sure your router has proper ports forwarded. I know you can view via phone while in your house. I'm guessing your connected to wifi. As soon as your out of wifi range connection will timeout and become unavailable if you don't have the ports forwarded correctly.

faul425

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I use a wireless gaming adaptor.

Make sure your router has proper ports forwarded. I know you can view via phone while in your house. I'm guessing your connected to wifi. As soon as your out of wifi range connection will timeout and become unavailable if you don't have the ports forwarded correctly.
Any preference in gaming routers?

NYCEnglish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Buy a Netgear WCNE2001. Can be had on Amazon for $30. To access the Apex it must be on your network at all times. Your network needs to be up but your computer does not.

I have mine working via my Mac with no issues from day 1 even remotely over the Internet.

faul425

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Buy a Netgear WCNE2001. Can be had on Amazon for $30. To access the Apex it must be on your network at all times. Your network needs to be up but your computer does not.

I have mine working via my Mac with no issues from day 1 even remotely over the Internet.
Just order it thanks for the recommendation. I'm sure i will be asking for more help.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Just plug it directly to your router/switch/hub at first and configure from there. When you are done and feel comfortable, buy a wireless "gaming adapter" like the Netgear that was mentioned and do the wireless configuration. It is really easy with the web interface and the user's guide written by the folks at RC.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: