Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i am wondering what kind a power compact bulb that u guys, use?
how long u guys use the bulb.
i order a bulb from ah suppy, and got catalina bulb. the bulb running only for 11 hours a day, and i been using it for 3 months already. now, the bulb is turning dark, when the lights off.
is this happen to any power compact bulb?

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Justin..I run 4 96w pc's on my 65 gallon.I just replaced all 4 after 9 months.That was way too long i should of done it months ago.I turn on 2 of the new bulbs its like having the 4 old bulbs on.I am almost positive the drastic change in light in my tank has triggered a nasy hair alge bloom.So take it from someone who is regreting waiting so long to change lights,If you notice them getting darker swap them out.Next time i'll be doing it 1 or 2 bulbs at a time not all 4 at once.I'll be scrubbing rocks today(man i hate that)But you live and learn.All those articles on changing bulbs after a year is a crcok,at the most i'd go 6 months..sorry for the rant,but i dont want you to go through what i'm going through

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: