silvia

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

My two years old tank with full of coral just crash last week, while I was enjoying my vacation in Florida. I?m sure the cause was over heat, by the time I came back, the water temp was around 94c, and the fan is not moving and it's in the early morning. I can't imagine what's the temp at noon with the light on......
The only thing left in my tank is some LR, and my pair or True clown. I was amaze how they survive! All the shroom, pagoda, brain, collection of zoo (over $200), and leathers were all gone.

Just wanted to know the right thing to do at this moment... currently I'm re-cure my LR with the skimmer and fishes are staying in a separate plastic container with a Fulva. The DSB in my refugium still there, but the sand bed in my show tank has been removed (plan not to have DSB, just bare LR).

How should I start again? What is the next step? Any suggestion would be appreciate.

P.S. Make sure you have an AC/chiller for your tank...if you are living on the top floor.
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

Dave ESPI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGH ! that FN' SUX !

I have personaly suffered a DEVESTATING heat wave that flash warmed my tanks to 90 degrees and wacked 3 tanks. I lost near $4,000.00 in live stock..... that tune is still playing in my head and wallet since I can't ever recoup that cash.

I have some Pulse xenia and limpet snails I can donate. If you wants a restock at a decent price on other stuff, PM me a list and Ill quote prices at my normal 33 % markup ( which is FAR less than NYC retail)

HTH... and sorry. best regards... it's like loosing a child.

At least it wasn't a total loss... you still have a fish ;)

[ July 01, 2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Dave ESPI ]

silvia

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Josh!! I'm still cure my LR right now, and i will start cycle my tank tonight. I think at least take me a least a couple weeks before i can start stock up again. Anyway, thanks for all the reply. I still got some pic of my tank before the crash, maybe I'm going to post it here, just for memory!! :rolleyes:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: