C

Chris5110

Is anyone a Member ?. I have thought about going to a meeting, just don't know if it is worth it.

Any comments are welcome.

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hi Chris,

Yes I'm a memeber. It's the largest reef society in New york state. I would say, yes join the group, thats where you get to meet every one and they have really great lectures on marine and fresh water topics. They are having the annual christmas party tonight, so there will be no lecture or auctions. I beleive the next marine lecture is in Jan. 03' second friday. Hope to see you there.

Peter

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today would not be a bad day to become a B.A.S. member. lots of folks will be there,Good time to be had,shmooz and make friends. By the way I was over to take a look at Aquatic Creations in Williamsburg. Very cool store. Some one had recently bought all of the coral but some fishies were still waiting for a new home. Chris had mentioned that a few folks were going to be there this eve. I myself have a prior commitment but would not have mind been there.

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I live in westchester on the hudson line. how would I get to the meating? Any one want to givwe me a ride? I will pay for all gas and tolls. Even if you aren't near me I can take public transit to where you live. Is there a BAS board where I could ask for car-pooling?

thanks

C

Chris5110

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Hey Rupert.

The link to Brooklyn Aquarium Society is on the main page under links top right of the screen. Public transportation takes you a couple of blocks from the meeting. It takes place on the grounds of the NY Aquarium in Coney Island. I will get back to you with which trains go there.

Chris

L

LOVEMYREEF

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
hey guys its a good club to be a member of. I am a memeber and have met a few local reefers and have had some good times there, although some of the actuion prices get a bit out of control. It can be a good meeting place and 2 or 3 of us locals can bid on one piece and frag it. So i hope to see some of you there.

take care everyone and happy holidays

Rick
[email protected]

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hi All,

Here is the next BAS meeting info
Date:January 10
Time:7:30pm
Subject: Keeping Your Reef Healthy
Speaker: Returning Speaker and Owner of Absolutely Fish Pat Donston
Place: The Brooklyn Aquarium

I hope to meet/see some of you fellow reefers there.

Peter

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: