jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Never had this happen to any torch/hammer/frogspawn. Looks like it is realasing from the middle tiny white eggs. And the fish are loving it. Lol. Heres a crappy pic. It's the tiny white spots in the middle. Will try and get a better shot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 564

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Possibly, but highly unlikely in a reef because they will be just food for all the other inhabitants....over the years I have had many fish and coral spawns in my reef and the only baby anything I've seen grow were Pocilloporas Damicornis..

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I found a tiny torch growing on a new coral, after 2-3 months I found it, the size of a grain of rice when I found it. Now it is pea size when closed up.

I assume yours will eventually grow a stalk, but that will take some time. I know it has been a while since they were spawned....maybe give it (more) food?

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Thanks guys. Yea maybe I should feed. I haven't feed corals directly in years.
As for size. When they close at night they are the size of half a dime. It retracts into a tight lil ball since it has no stalk. And during day it the size of a dollar coin or a lil bigger

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Update. The babies aren't that small anymore. They have not split though. Still single heads growing out of the side of the rock. No branching at all.
Only have 2 left. Traded one of them that was attached to a mag rock. The mother colony I sold 2 years ago. It never spawned in that members tank. Sorry that my pic skills sucks. Never can get the colors thru pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: