nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
So after many water spills, overflows, and just plain carelessness on my part I think my carpets done. Now how would you guys go about getting carpet out from under the tank? The salt is finally starting the show through the carpet and the carpet smells nausty.

Theres really no way to get the carpet out without emptying the tank is there?

-Kris

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The trouble isn't in getting it out, it's in getting the new flooring in. Kris, you're going to have to face the music on this one. If you want to do it right break it down. I would reconsider the new type of flooring going in under the tank. Tile or linoleum would be the best bets around the tank perimeter.

Steven

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Kris,

Actually, I was thinking that he had tile under there already? If you can remove the flooring you can cut the carpet from the inside. It is a load of work but better than redoing your tank. You just might want to have someone there to make sure the tank doesn't topple.

E

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
kris LMAO i thought this thread was about u peeing on ur carpet :lol2:...

anyways kris the only way to do this and the best way is to take down the tank move it do what you gotta do to the floor and then redo the tank again.. yea its gonna b a pain in the arse but do it once and do it 100% u no the deal....

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Lower the water level in the tank, slide the tank over on the carpet, cut the carpet out where the tank was, slide the tank back where it was, remove rest of carpet. Dont put carpet around or under tanks. It is the worst thing to do (unbalanced, smells and rots fast).

Kasei

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: