loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
FYI
Well, they don't call it CON for nothing. Many of you may not know that CON edison increased its rates 4 cents per KWH. It doesn't show up anywhere on your bill. I called and asked why my bill seemed more expensive even though my consumption did not increase. That was where they disclosed to me that they increased their rates.
Obviously, it isn't CON edison who is paying for the lost money and compensation for the blackout in July. It's us... the customers.

vanceny

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I called as well regarding why my bill seemed so high during a month that we were without electricity for at least a week. There response "it was a hot month and we must have used the ac more." Didn't give any further explanation. Very dissastified with their customer service.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Those ugly bastards. I'm not sure how it is down here but in Albany there is good compitition between energy companies, or so it would seem. When you check out their websites, it's the same BS as with the telephone monopolies.

"You have many choices for whom provides your energy. Your energy service is broken down between provider, transporter and distribution...."

Translation:

Many different companies can print your bill for us. You have the freedom to pick whichever logo you like best. However it's still our juice, flowing over our lines so get those hands up in the air where we can see them.

In fact one of the big boys (I think it's National Grid?) pretty much flat out says that on their homepage.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
i had the highest bill ever last month it was friggin $640+

before that my highest bill was around $400 and my usage has not changed at all, in fact on the bill I think it said this year was lower than last year's usage AARRRGGHHH.

ConEd sucks.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I called as well regarding why my bill seemed so high during a month that we were without electricity for at least a week. There response "it was a hot month and we must have used the ac more." Didn't give any further explanation. Very dissastified with their customer service.
They tried that same explanation with me. I compared my consumption from the previous month with this months bill with them over the phone, which were very close to being identical. That was when they finally said they increased their rates.
This is a monopoly at its finest here. No need for customer satisfaction when you are the only game in town.

charile1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i had the highest bill ever last month it was friggin $640+

before that my highest bill was around $400 and my usage has not changed at all, in fact on the bill I think it said this year was lower than last year's usage AARRRGGHHH.

ConEd sucks.

What else are you growing? :)

If my bill was $640 the tank would be long gone.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
my bill is not from the tank, it's from cooling my place in the summer.

Chris, don't they print the klw cost on the bill? I don't remember.

jtbone68

King of Mars
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How can they change the rates without letting you know,even cablevision let me know 2 months before they raised there prices( I am going to have to check my bill I have Central Hudson in Putnam County)

tommy152

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blame the high prices on deregulation. I think to be in compliance with the PSC, they should've notified all customers of a rate increase.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: