Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Has anyone been to New World recently? What is up with their SPS tank? There are majanos EVERYWHERE. Cool to look at but too bad it is in with all of their "super rare" frags.

They are having a sale, $60 or something for all colonies. Most are receding from the bottom. The tank is probably going to be shut down soon, so be careful if you buy anything.

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would certainly not buy a thing from that tank regardless of the price. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to inadvertently bring this problem home and into your tank at any cost. They are most likley braking down the tank because they can’t get rid of the problem so keep that in mind..

jreef

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Super rare???? What a joke. Just my opinion.

Everything I saw in that tank last time I was there was a shade of brown.

BTW, you can whack those pesky bastards with some kalk paste.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
The sale has been going on for a while now as they're trying to sell off some of their corals, before they die off. I don't think they're breaking the tank down as it's part of the system and they usally house shark or sting ray in thoses tanks. The majanos are on some of the corals but the frags, which are I think $19, are majanos free. It's really funny but when I was at Country Critters and alot of their corals and frags had majanos on them and when I told the guys working there about them they told me it's no big deal until they get larger.

Michael

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that even if you can Kalk some out you eventually have to deal with the lil buggers you didnt see, then deal with the ones that got on your rock ect. Im sure you get the pic. These thing will over take your tank unless your pasting away with the kalk.

Dave ESPI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk the big ones. Add Lys. Amboines and a few Copperbands. Problem solved. I have had them before. I relish and giggle with glee at the thought of taking 6 hours to HUNT down all the pest and neuking them. With massive infestations, its just fun to use a pippette and kalkwasser.. I feel like a Strategic missle bomber...

{s: (sound of bomb) PPPSSHHHHH WWHHHHHEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

result of anemone head....
explodinghead.gif

[ July 11, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Dave ESPI ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: