Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here are some pics we took of the newly designed Vortech pump. As you can see they have made some design changes to the pump. We are running this along with the 1st production pump on our 180. They are both working great but the new design should eliminate problems many were having. If you should have any questions about the changes please let us know.

Scott
www.aquariumspecialty.com

Attachments

• new-part1.jpg
    new-part1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 298
  • wet_mag.jpg
    wet_mag.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 305
  • prop_new.jpg
    prop_new.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 295
  • New_VorTechTrio700_Sm.jpg
    New_VorTechTrio700_Sm.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
the big openning on the pump do allow small fish to commit sucide by swim right into the impeller. seen it happen at friend's house. lol

cjdevito

Grue
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the big openning on the pump do allow small fish to commit sucide by swim right into the impeller. seen it happen at friend's house. lol

Out of curiousity, what fish are we talking about here? I'll confess I have a hard time picturing a small fish swimming straight into it against the 3000 gph it puts out. Maybe if it was turned all the way down to it's lowest setting, I guess...

cjdevito

Grue
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shrimp I can believe. All it would take is having one of their antenna enter through the vents and get wrapped with the propeller, they'd get pulled right in. It's just fish that I'm having a hard time picturing it happening to.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Shrimp I can believe. All it would take is having one of their antenna enter through the vents and get wrapped with the propeller, they'd get pulled right in. It's just fish that I'm having a hard time picturing it happening to.

I'm with you on that. Most people that I know that buy the Tunze Streams break out every other slat on the intakes so they get more flow. I have done it myself and there are no issues with this or the Vortech's. It not impossible that this could occur but I would have to say it would be very unusual. By the way, I have had a Vortech running non-stop since Feb with no issues and I have 2 shrip in the aquarium.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I have had the new Vortech and wet ends for 1 1/2 months now. I am waiting for Tim to finish the new Motor side Pin spacer. It is supposed to be stiffer and easier to use and eliminate the rubbing problem.

These new ones are working perfectly so far. I am just waiting for the controller to begin Beta testing.

Kasei

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Funny. Maybe you could send them overseas to a child labor camp for a year. Maybe they can earn enough money making products for American's and then you can buy this USA made product. By the way, the new battery backup is shipping our this week and we will have it at MACNA also. Click on the link. This will really come in handy when it counts! I know a lot of you NYers lost entire aquariums due to the power outages. Feel free to post the link in another section of the site if you feel it will help those in need...Thanks, Scott

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=68_122_183

r thy any cheaper...y do have to give up my 1 or both of children to get 1?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: