wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their website seems really good I also talked to the owner. He states that it doesnt need to be cured and that they setup tanks overnight and are able to place fish in the next day because the tank does not need to go through a cycle. This place seem really legit. I dont know I may order some and see I will let everyone know how it is. Its a bit expensive but it may save a lot of time. If anyone has used this site please let me know

Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
They are probably able to do so because the rock is kept in water and the setup is done locally, which means the rock has little or no Die-off. This is completely different than rock that is mailed damp or dry overnight. You WILL have some Die-off under these circumstances. I also think they are blowing smoke up your a$$ when they tell you there will be no Die-off upon shipping it to you.

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
My only response to you is that anyone will tell you anything to sell you something. I too have inquired with them and talked to the owner he probably told me exdactly what he told you, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. If they remove the rock from water, put it in a box, fill that box with water and ship it to you with heat and cold packs and oxygen stones overnight I would say it remains cured but that would be one hell of a shipping bill.

wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I will let everyone know next week wed. I ordered 50 pounds. I believe it might be a good deal but we will see. So next week thurday I will post pictures and let everyone know if it is a good deal. And actually they do ship it with water add heat and insulate it in lobster boxes so I am sure there will be some die off but I dont exect there to be alot. This is the packaging they do http://www.aquariumarts.com/packingliverock.html
I am actually selling this to my self but I am going to take pictures of all of this to see how the process runs. I will keep everyone up to date..
-So far I ordered the 50 lbs.
-He took my information
-We discussed what day next week would be good where I will be able to place to box from fedex straight to the tank.
-we agreed that he will ship tuesday and I will receive wed as long as the weather is good. He also said I will receive a phone call on tuesday letting me know that the package is shipped.

So will see from there

wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I read the curing process he goes through and they do their best from what I read to make sure no hitchhikers get on the rock. But the truth is you cant see all hitchhikers and you get hitchhikers when you buy from any place. but from what i read I dont think I will get any hitchikers.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long is the shipping time ,from the time it leave their outlet ,to your door ?

wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE. I got the live rock in it looks pretty good.. obviously their was some die off but it looks really good. My paramaters are ph 8.4 nitrites 0 nitrates are at 20 amonia is at 0 I will let you know what they are in a day or two with the live rock in. I will also post some pics tomorrow showing you what I got.

wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been 24 hours so far and nothing has changed in my tank my levels are still stable as posted above and my fish are doing fine. I will post some pics this weekend as I have my new digital SLR. Just need to clean the tank and arrange the rocks.

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
i hope your happy with your purchase for the price you're paying.
It would have been best if you listened to anybody that gave you an answer on the reef graffiti. No offense. There will be die off. Sitting on a truck for 24 hours. Lets see you sit in a truck for 24 hours and not die off. anyhow good luck with your rock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: