sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
What clink said is true also are you watching the water flowing through the sump to the return area? Do you have baffles in the sump.

the return pump is 2nd hand...but new to me. I am running a sump and yes have baffles. Most of the bubbles are coming from the overflow down into the sump. In all honesty I see no bubble in the area of the return but sure enough as the water makes its way up and back into the tank I have bubbles.

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
how do you have the bubble trap set up? if all else fails and you have the bubble trap right before the pump, rather than after the "drain", put a filter pad to reduce bubbles from the drain. at the very least, that will tell you if it is the pump. also, how is the return plumbed? to many angles can produce bubbles (i think)

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
So u got ur tank up and running congrats hit me up later and we fix some of the kinks in ur system maybe ur sump is built or put together in not the best way and we can change few things to solve the issues

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Figured out I was missing a ring in the of the bulk head which was not only causing a leak but massive air....besides that I took the time and cemented the pvc and Teflon taped all the threads.

Rookie mistakes but lessons learned.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
The air wasn't so much in the sump but in the return line. Which was prob cause nothing was sealed (rookie mistake).
The water was also hitting the water hard as duke62 mentioned causing even more bubbles but I've corrected the issue. Tank thread will be up soon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: