Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
This is most accurate

IMO thats not entirely True. i Have a Red planet at the Top of the tank getting hit with about 450-500Par,

then i have another Frag that i Fraged at the same time, With a par Reading at about 380-420 and Mid way up both with good flow, The one in the middle is Growing a little Faster, But IMO both same rate as of right now.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
what % you running your lights at? as well as what type? do you no the PAR levels in your tank? you might be blasting it with too much light. also What do you mean by high? how high are you putting it away froim the lights

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
IMO thats not entirely True. i Have a Red planet at the Top of the tank getting hit with about 450-500Par,

then i have another Frag that i Fraged at the same time, With a par Reading at about 380-420 and Mid way up both with good flow, The one in the middle is Growing a little Faster, But IMO both same rate as of right now.

Rob, if you see my comment merely state that it's the most accurate. Doesn't state it's a fact. There are so many variables to how a coral will look like light, water quality, placement and so on. I,m just merely stating what I've come across in this hobby in other people's tank as well as mine. I've been running Sps tanks for 15 years I know a coral will not look the same in everyone's tank.

Just my 2 cents

Jhoehlein

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Keep in mind that Red Planet is a tabling Acro, and after enough time it will begin to shade out what's underneath it. Depending on the depth of the tank and power of the lights I would recommend placing it somewhere in the middle to keep it from shading out large swathes of the tank, or off to the side to keep the center open.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: