Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hey guys ok its getting warmer don't wanna wait til the last minute wanna clean my chiller out before i put it back on to my new setup and wanna get the gunk out so whats the best way to clean this out really good also i know my chiller is too small for my tank but just wanna know how can i supplement keeping the tank cool until i gets bigger one my tank is a 220gal my chiller is cl650 1/4 hp again i know i need a bigger one but until that time just want some ideas on helping to help it keep the tank cool but first need to clean it thanks guys in advance

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have taken mine outside and hooked it to the garden hose and let the fresh water run throught it for a few min to the water runs clean

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
When I had chillers, I would take a 5g pail with 4g of tap water and 1g of white vinegar and use a mag 5 running it reverse (output side) over night. You can see all the gunk that accumulates the next day. I usually then dump and refill the pail with just tap and let it run in reverse again overnight and repeat if necessary based on what the pail water looks like.

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Leave the chiller off when cleaning. I always clean mine at the end of the season. Did you store the chiller without first cleaning it? I just use water run reverse & forward to clean mine. I never used vinegar but that sounds like a good idea.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: