Rating - 100%
90   0   0
This is a video of the waves that the Vortech guys were generating with their new wireless controller. Based on how you set the two pulses you could get normal, diagonal or random waveforms. With a third we were all guessing that you can make a nice whirlpool.

Attachments

• Vortech-waveform-demo.wmv
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 131
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
For anyone who is interested, I have attached another video to show how they were controlling the waves. Note that the controller is a prototype and they are working on a nice screen based unit for the actual device.

This is just to demonstrate that they can control 2 pumps wirelessly and based on the settings you will see different waves.

Attachments

• Vortech waveform demo 2.wmv
    974.6 KB · Views: 56

Breezp

Reef Geek
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
sounds like a fire hazard to me, or a spill waiting to happen... but def an awsome idea... mayb the waves should be a lil smaller... mayb thats just me talkin.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Lets be clear, they are not suggesting that the pump be used to create that wave pattern to run your tank for the obvious reasons. They were simply demonstrating the very early beta version of their controller and happened quite by chance on the effect you see. Once they found it though, I think they enjoyed it because it attracted people to the booth and particularly because it kind of ribbed the Tunze wavebox setup at another booth... they both made me seasick.

The point is the controller will make the pump very versatile and will contain many, many features. Randy

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets be clear, they are not suggesting that the pump be used to create that wave pattern to run your tank for the obvious reasons. They were simply demonstrating the very early beta version of their controller and happened quite by chance on the effect you see. Once they found it though, I think they enjoyed it because it attracted people to the booth and particularly because it kind of ribbed the Tunze wavebox setup at another booth... they both made me seasick.

The point is the controller will make the pump very versatile and will contain many, many features. Randy

Yeah..what Randy said. You can't see it on the second video when the controller is shown but they had a piece of tape on it with a handwritten label that said something like "This is just a prototype. The real controller will look way cooler". The wireless part is great. Just think of how much fun you can have messing with your fish. Just sit on the couch watching your tank and when a fish swims up in front of the vortech.....bam. LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: