bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Not with a digital display, but an ebo-jager 150 would work.

You could get a temp controller and not worry bout not having digital display. Or you could just get a digital thermometer.

Which ones are you currently looking at?

B

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I like the Eheim (EBO Jager) heaters plugged into a Reef Keeper 2. This way you get a digital temp readout and your heater is run by a controller so you don't have to worry about one system getting stuck and boiling your fish.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Finnex Titinium are great - I just got one to replace my WON Bros ProHeat II heater, which almost fried my tank when it crapped out on me.

Finnex are expensive as you have to buy the controller box w/ it- but everyone who owns one swears by them. The controller lacks a digital display, but it very reliable as far as most people say... and the titanium heater won't crack or break on you!

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I stayed away from a display of tank temperature by the controller. If the controller fails, it's showing you the wrong temperature any way. I have the Finnex heater w/controller from Premium Aquatics and a drop-in thermometer for validation.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
DO NOT get a Won Bros heater!!!!! Just search on any forum and you will find tons of horror stories!!

ALmost lost my tank due to the controller never turning the heater off and my tank getting to 90 degrees! :bigeyes:

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
can I rub two sticks together if it gets below 50? Actually, my newbie question is... at what temperature should I start the heater? Don't want to wake up one morning and see popscicles floating in the water

Last edited:

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the Via Aqua titaniums without a hitch for several years. Had a Won Bros. before that and like the others I'd steer clear of them. I use a Ranco temperature controller. If you have a quality and reliable temp controller than you can consider the Finnex titaniums that PA sells that are the heater only without the controller. That's probably what I'll do on my next go-around.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
i like rena cal heaters because they have the top down light view. so if its in a hard to view spot (in sump or behind false wall) you can read the set temp on the top and u can see if its on or not from the top too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: