How many powerstrips does your reef use?

• One Powerstrip

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Two Powerstrips

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Three Powerstrips

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Four Powerstrips

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • More then Four Powerstrips (WHAT ARE YOU DOING?)

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Ok after the last poll it seems that some of you have more electrical devices for your tank then I have in my office. This poll would be more appropriate for you guys :)

So how many powerstrips do you need to power your reef?
(Assuming a 6 outlet powerstrip)

remy109

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
1 Monster powerstrip and 1 Coralife digital day/night powerstrip.
My future investment will be for a UPS w/about an hour backup time that will only run the water pump.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
No power-strips here, made a power center from gang boxes. I've read to many horror stories from power strips spontaneous combustion and planned to avoid that.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
funny poll!

I have two 8 outlet 15amp dj strips on one 20amp breaker, and one reg 6 outlet computer strip on one 15amp breaker, plus the seperate 20amp outlet the chillers plugged into. all the outlets are dedicated to the tank, there's nothing else on the lines but the outlets.

jcurry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 dedicated 15 AMP circuits w/ 2 sets quad outlets per circuit. I did this after coming home to my power strips floating in water and on fire. The strip melted and the built-in fuse never tripped.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have 1 ReefKeeper Power strip w/ a seperate expansion socket which I guess comes out to 1 and 1/2 power strips on one more strip for some misc items like Seaswirls and 4 computerfans. A total of 2 and 1/2.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: