DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey scumonkey,

I called paradise to build your same dimensions tank (remember my PM?:)), and with only one starphire front glass pane, they wanted $750. I kept telling them what you got as price and they couldnt match it. they charged $75 per cut no matter what size on the reg 1/2 inch glass, and the (1) 36x30 starphire was $260.

Heres the horrid part, not to mention they counted each 2 inch eurobrace as a $75 cut 4 eurobraces=$300 or so alone. I ended up having to get another tank. I think you should give them a call again, the managers name is armand I believe.

750 with silicon, gutterguard, and Misc. pieces........YES.
Cheaper than having it made and shipped to me....but I was not trying to save money- I just wanted to build my own tank- the way I wanted it!
Check this out- http://www.aquariumsforyou.com/detail.aspx?ID=171
According to their calculator- I saved a bundle! :shhh: (i'm sure there a cheaper places)
But when I look at my tank, I now get the added satisfaction of knowing I made the "Whole Thing" myself and get a warm fuzzy feeling of satisfaction! :tongue1:

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I know of Armand....I don't know what to say?
All I can do is report what I bought it for- Did you ask if the price had gone up on that glass lately ( i think I heard something about the price going up a few weeks ago)?
I also did NOT spend money for Starphire eurobraces- I used regular plate glass for them, the bottom, and the back, as you don't look through these pieces,(also much cheaper).
Just so the folks here don't think I'm a crazy lunatic, I am posting a copy of my reciept!
reciept.jpg

Sounds like Armand musta saw you coming :shhh: sorry 'bout that!:eek:

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
the eurobraces and everything else BUT the front panel was in reg. glass.

I guess prices must have gone up as I called another great low cost place and got the same quote about.

One thing, I see only 3 out 5 panes on the receipt and no 4 eurobrace lips, is that the full reciept?

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My quote from them for the pieces for my 58 was $650. Not even close to cheap.

The 3/8"starfire peices (36x21 and two 17 1/4x21) were $210. I still might get the pieces and put them on a standard 58.

I priced 5 pieces of 1/4" for the external overflow box and they were $105. WAY overpriced if you ask me.

B

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
DRZL- that is the reciept for the Starphire only- I made a mistake and went to a cheaper place for the plate glass and, had to get that cut three times (they sucked-all crooked (United Storefront- but they only charged me $20 for the brace parts,less than $200 for the back and bottom +drilling)!
From my research (at the time) Paradise WAS the cheapest place for Starphire but- not necessarily for plate. I think (if I remember correctly) that you can get plate glass cheaper at Admiral glass (also in Brooklyn).
Whatever you do, If you buy glass-make sure to ask if they machine finish the edges. I didn't ask at United, and they used a belt sander to clean the edges- rounding them off- making them useless!!!

xxnonamexx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the input nice job on that Starfire tank. I remeasured and I am able to fit a 120gal. So I have a few vendors getting prices for me starfire, ultrawhite glass, and regular glass. I am in the early stages of shopping for the best deal.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: