Status
Not open for further replies.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Its nice that they contain the internal reflectors but they dont do nearly as much as a proper highly polished parabolic reflector would.

Unless you already have the VHO setup you might want to consider going T5 with reflectors. As an added benefit you save quite a bit on space.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yes Aaron, you do. The internal reflectors cannot replace the polished reflector and they were not meant to do so.

Thanks for your crappy input though.

Kasei

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Jon I would consider going with t5 bulbs.
they give more light than the same length VHO's
all you need to do is get the end caps, clips, standoff's,
and the reflectors. the bulbs also last longer than the VHO's
so you will be saving money in the long run. Do It :)

barebucta

Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
thanks or all your input guys.

this thread was made to prove Mr. knowitall (aaron) wrong.

aaron has given me a bunch of crappy info over the past year. like:

"you can't put a toadstool w/ sps". who has a toadstool w/ sps now!

"a gallon of water doesn't weigh 8lbs." do a search and you'll see it's about 8lbs!

aaron-you swear you know everything and yet you know nothing. the thing i hate the most is that you contradict everything w/o knowing the facts. grow up!

Kids, kids......let's play nice now :birthday:

seaham358

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reflectors are not needed with VHO, can you use them yes. I have had great success without a reflector and I know others that do not use them either.
Its a choice. There are many ways to do things in this hobby. Proof is in the results. I have some nice LPS and softies with 4x 160 URI bulbs with no reflectors.
So to wrap it up they are not needed but if that what you want to use then go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: